So, I had this vision. A wiki database of software, with easy ways to find software of a certain type, price, license, etc. Thus, I adopted this wiki and had the semantic suite installed. I hope to be able to create an easy to use system for adding pages and to get information from them.
My plan so far
- Tweak the generic software form so that almost any relevant information can be added by anyone.
- To do this I will need some feedback, as I surely will not be able to think of everything we could have information on.
- The idea is too make the most basic information mandatory, with more in-depth information specifiable if the editor wishes to.
- Create more specialized forms, such as Form:Operating system, Form:Browser and Form:Video game, so that we can add more specific information to these common kinds of software, wit the generic software form for the rest.
- Create a user-friendly main page and several portals showing software matching a specific query, such as free software and operating systems
- At the point we pass 200 non-stub articles, we can also request a Wikia Spotlight to help us recruit more people
I also intend to make a cooler skin and logo for the wiki, but i'm short of ideas, so if you have any, be sure to tell me.