Template:wikipedia list Template:Firefox TOC This is a list of some of the many available Firefox extensions, software add-ons designed for Mozilla Firefox based web browsers. Many Firefox extensions work in the SeaMonkey and Flock web browsers as well.
- ChatZilla - a full-fledged Internet Relay Chat client that works inside Firefox.
- Talkback - reports any crashes of Firefox to Mozilla.
- DOM Inspector - for web developers. It allows them to inspect the Document Object Model tree of any page.
Firefox Companions Edit
These are official Firefox extensions which are also co-developed and distributed by Mozilla on their site as a bundle (extension + browser). The close involvement of Mozilla in these distribution is notable as being a new distribution tactic, especially with large sites like eBay who have a very large distribution reach.
- Firefox Companion for eBay - tracks "my eBay" status and get alerts for certain events such as being outbid.
- AllPeers - provides file-sharing by peer-to-peer among friends registered to the service.
- Forecastfox - displays a summary of weather forecast from AccuWeather
- LibX - library catalogues
- LinkExtend - offers meta-ratings on site safety, child safety, company ethics, and site traffic. Also shows PageRank, file downloads, etc.
- Me.dium - shows a graphical map of people on the web.
- SimilarWeb - offers similar sites to the web page the user is browsing.
- StumbleUpon - allows users to encounter random sites based upon the rating given by stumblers and their interests.
- Google Gears - enables offline access to services that normally only are available online, by installing a database engine on the client system to cache the data locally.
- Google Earth Plugin - provides full integration of Google Earth into the browser.
- Google Notebook - provides a simple way to save and organize clips of information when conducting research online.
- Google Toolbar - provides features related to Google Search as a toolbar.
- Google Web Accelerator - a web accelerator.
- Googlepedia - shows users Wikipedia articles along with their Google search results.
- SmarterFox - integrates Wikipedia functionality into Firefox and recommends related articles.
- Universal edit button - notifies user when a web page contains editable content
- FlashGot - provides download features and integration with a variety of external download managers.
- FoxyTunes - controls external media players.
- IE Tab - allows users to view pages using the Internet Explorer rendering engine from within Firefox. This is useful for some websites that do not work properly in Firefox.
- Adblock Plus (variant of Adblock) is used for blocking ads via a paired blacklist and whitelist.
- All-in-One Sidebar - adds enhanced sidebar functionality similar to that found in the Opera web browser.
- Capture Fox - is a screencast tool which captures the Firefox window as well as the whole screen and records the user's voice.
- Fasterfox - pre-fetches links on pages, adjusts page rendering, and employs "network optimizations" to make browsing faster.
- Flashblock - prevents Flash content from running without being explicitly started (clicked) or whitelisted.
- Hyperwords - allows users to select text and perform rich commands, such as instant Wikipedia look-ups, in-page translations and conversions etc.
- Image Zoom - allows users to change image sizes within the page.
- Surf Canyon - is a real-time relevance feedback application which provides implicit personalization of search results on several major search engines.
- Vimperator - makes Firefox feel and behave like the Vim text editor.
- Zotero - enables users to collect, manage, and cite research from all types of sources from the browser
- DéjàClick - enables the user to bookmark a multi-step recording
- ScrapBook - adds enhanced scrapbooking, page saving, bookmarking, and notetaking functionality.
- Smart Bookmarks Bar - allows the user to make bookmarks limited only to icons.
- Xmarks - adds online bookmark and password synchronization, as well as bookmark tagging and suggested sites.
- Chickenfoot - allows the user to write scripts to manipulate web pages and automate web browsing
- DéjàClick - enables user to record and playback complex web transactions via a free web recorder for Firefox
- Greasemonkey - allows users to install user scripts that modify specific web pages.
- iMacros - a macro recorder for the Firefox web browser.
- Stylish - allows the user to install custom CSS that can modify specific web pages and XUL application interfaces.
- DownThemAll! - a download manager/accelerator.
- PDF Download - allows users to customize the handling of PDF files.
- VideoDownloader - used to download videos from sites like Youtube or Metacafe.
- Morning Coffee - a news displayer.
- Operator - parses microformats.
- Sage - a popular, lightweight Feed reader extension.
- FoxLingo - translates web pages and text using many free online translators and offers other language tools.
- Rikaichan - a popup Japanese-English/German/French/Russian dictionary
- International Sideboard - a keyboard for typing all language (unicode) characters for firefox
- Cookiesafe - controls which websites have permission to store cookies.
- LastPass - offers password management, portability and security.
- WOT: Web of Trust - warns you about risky sites by adding security icons next to search results, email links, as well as Wikipedia.
- Billeo - password management, shopping, and bill pay add-on.
- Perseus - enables to provide users' needs for privacy and confidentiality by encoding the http traffic.
- NBA Scoreboard - get today's scores and news from the NBA.
- Firefox Showcase - shows tabs as thumbnails, to preview, manage and search across them.
- Tab Mix Plus - provides tabbed browsing enhancements.
Website development toolsEdit
- ColorZilla - adds an eye dropper (color reader), color palettes, page zooming, and displays element information.
- FireFTP - is a cross-platform FTP client which provides access to FTP servers.
- Web Developer - adds a menu and a toolbar to the browser with various web developer tools.
- SearchStatus - provides access to SEO data